Are Spider Webs Around Your Charlotte Property Signs Of A Problem?
February 26, 2022
Spiders are categorized as arachnids, of which there are estimated to be more than 8,000 species throughout North America. The class includes creatures such as scorpions that have bodies consisting of a cephalothorax, abdomen, and four pairs of legs. Spiders are invertebrates that are predatory and, depending on the species, have between two and eight eyes.
Most spiders have fangs and can inject venom into their prey or for defense. The venom found in the majority of spiders lacks the potency to pose significant health risks to humans.
Some of the most common types of spiders that invade homes in this region include:
- Black widow: The black widow has a shiny black body, distinctive reddish marking and can deliver a venomous bite that may require people to seek medical attention.
- Brown recluse: Usually appearing in shades of brown or grey, the brown recluse has a “violin-like” marking and could cause allergic reactions among bitten humans.
- House spiders: The common house spider appears in many different colors and has dark “ring-like” bands on its legs.
- Orb-weaver: The orb-weaver spider is identifiable by its large “wheel-like” patterned webs.
- Wolf spiders: With a dark brown and hairy body, the wolf spider appears imposing yet is not a threat to humans
Local home and business owners who are wondering how to ward off spiders are encouraged to speak with a local pest controller that knows how to get rid of spiders fast.
Do All Spiders In Charlotte Spin Webs?
Some of the spiders that do not produce webs include the Carolina wolf spider (Hogna carolinensis) and most types of “jumping” and “swimming” spiders. Web-building spiders use their silky webs to trap insects and to help them climb and navigate spaces.
How To Identify A Spider Bite In Charlotte
In many cases, people will not initially realize that a spider has bitten them until hours later. Some of the most common symptoms include redness and swelling. Other potential symptoms include itchy skin, blisters, or pain.
Spider bites sometimes take longer to heal compared to bites from some insects. Those who are bitten should keep the area of the bite cleaned to prevent infection.
5 Spider Prevention Tips For Your Charlotte Home
Some tips for how to ward off spiders include:
- Keep kitchen areas clean with floors swept, countertops wiped down, and avoid leaving out leftover foods that are likely to attract what spiders eat.
- Always be sure to check bags and boxes that were in storage areas such as garages and sheds for any pests before bringing them inside.
- Inspect the property exterior for possible entry points such as damaged screens or gaps around the seals of doors or windows.
- Avoid using bright exterior lights such as near entryways that commonly attract flying insects and other things spiders eat.
- Limit clutter and debris in the yard area close to the home that might be used as hiding places for spiders.
How To Get Rid Of Spiders In Your Charlotte House
Keeping live spiders outside can be challenging because their small size allows them to enter through very small spaces. Keep in mind that a property with lots of live spiders is probably also home to a variety of what spiders eat, meaning insects.
Many property owners try do-it-yourself treatment options sold in local stores that include traps, baiting stations, and more. Unfortunately, many of these products are ineffective at eliminating pest-related problems and may contain harsh chemicals. Contacting a professional pest control is the best option.
Licensed Pest Extermination Company
A technician from Aruza Pest Control will promptly visit your property for an inspection and explain the best options for eradicating types of pests. Contact our team to schedule an appointment today.