Help! I Am Struggling With Rodents Inside My Charlotte Home
September 23, 2022
Have you ever wondered why rodents invade homes here in Charlotte? Is there something about your property that is especially inviting to these pests? We are going to find this out today and provide some options to keep these furry invaders away from your home. If you are dealing with an active infestation of wild rodents and you need these pests out fast, call us at Aruza Pest Control. We will schedule your home for a thorough inspection and take care of your rodent problems ASAP. To learn more about the rodents in Charlotte, keep reading.
How To Tell If You Are Dealing With A Rodent Infestation
Sometimes rodent infestations are obvious. If you see a live rat or mouse scampering along the wall in your living room, it is safe to say you have a problem. If you don’t see live rodents but are hearing strange noises at night, here are some additional signs of rodents to help you identify a problem indoors.
- Rodent droppings
- Grease marks on floors and baseboards
- Gnaw marks
- Holes chewed through walls and boxes
- A musty odor in the air
- Urine stains
If you don’t have the time or desire to scour your home for rodent signs, we recommend letting a professional perform a detailed inspection. At Aruza Pest Control, we offer quick and effective rodent identification for homeowners trying to assess their risk.
What Are Rodents Drawn To?
All types of rodents that invade homes are drawn in for the same three reasons, to find food, to find moisture, and to find shelter. Rodents are pushed indoors by unfavorable conditions outside like stormy weather, heat, or the chills of winter. Once indoors, these pests will seek out safe places to hide inside attics, basements, wall voids, and other secluded areas. To stay well-fed, they will search your living areas late at night for scraps, trash, and other tasty treats. As for moisture, rodents sip from leaky piping, drink out of sinks, and will even go outdoors on rainy days and lap up rainwater. If your property offers these furry pests everything they need to survive, they will want to stay indoors indefinitely.
Here Are Five Tips To Get Rid Of Rodents In The Home
There are many methods homeowners use to get rid of rodents. Here are five common strategies and whether we recommend them or not.
- Sticky Traps: Sticky traps are one of the most inhumane methods to eliminate rodents. We do not recommend this method as it doesn’t kill instantly and causes rodents to harm themselves while trying to escape.
- Rodenticide: Rodenticide is not just harmful to rodents, but to humans and pets as well. Unless you are a trained technician, we highly recommend avoiding this method.
- Man-made Traps: There are many DIY traps that are moderately effective at trapping these pests. How effective this option is will depend on the size of your infestation.
- Snap Traps: Snap traps are a quick way to eliminate a small rodent infestation. Bait traps with peanut butter and leave them alone for a week. If they solve your problem, great!
- Professional Rodent Control: Professional rodent control is the absolute best and easiest way to control rodents and is what we recommend above all else.
Let the experts at Aruza Pest Control know if you need help with your rodent problems.
What Aruza Pest Control Does To Get Rid Of Rodents For Good
If your home has a rodent problem, do not hesitate to get the professionals at Aruza Pest Control involved. We will perform a detailed inspection and implement fast-working treatments to remove these pests fast.
Call today and learn what pest control in Charlotte is supposed to look like.