Tips And Tricks To Combat The Flies In Charlotte
February 28, 2023
If you're wondering, "Why are flies in my house?" you're definitely not alone. With 18,000 species of flies in North America, they're everywhere. If you have a problem with flies, a professional Charlotte pest control company like Aruza Pest Control can help you eradicate them from your home once and for all.
Common Types Of Flies That Invade Charlotte Homes
There are many types of flies in Charlotte that infest homes, including:
- Bee flies
- Blow flies
- Bottle flies
- Cluster flies
- Deer flies
- Filter flies
- Fruit flies
- Horse flie
- House flies
If you find yourself with a swarm of flies in your Charlotte home, you'll need to know how to kill flies indoors. The best way to get rid of flies is with the help of a professional pest control company like Aruza Pest Control.
The Problems Flies Can Cause In Your Home
Flies are more than just a nuisance; they're actually dangerous. House flies and fruit flies can carry more than 100 varieties of pathogens into your home, including salmonella, typhoid fever, and tuberculosis. Flies are also constantly defecating, spreading disease wherever they go.
If you have horse flies, you have an even bigger problem because they bite. Female horse flies have to have a blood meal before they can reproduce. Their bites are incredibly painful because, unlike mosquitoes who simply pierce the skin, horse flies' mouths are designed for ripping and tearing, then lapping up the blood.
It's critical that you know how to get rid of house flies, fruit flies, and horse flies before they cause serious health problems for you and your family.
Six Simple Yet Effective Tips To Keep Flies Out Of Your Home
One of the easiest ways to keep flies out of your Charlotte home is to get rid of flies outside and prevent flies from coming inside. These tips will help you do just that.
- Keep a clean kitchen. Make sure you're cleaning up spills as they happen. If you put fruit in a bowl on your counter, make sure it gets eaten before it starts decaying. Don't leave dirty dishes piled up in your sink, and don't leave old soda or beer cans lying around. Store food in airtight containers or in your fridge. Wipe down your counters regularly and vacuum and mop your floors often. Take out your kitchen trash daily. Make sure there's no food debris in your sink drain or garbage disposal.
- Clean out your garbage cans. Decaying garbage is like a buffet for flies. If your outdoor garbage cans don't have a layer of putrid trash at the bottom, they're less likely to attract flies. Also, make sure your garbage cans have tight-fitting lids to help keep flies out. This also goes for your kitchen garbage can.
- Move your compost pile. Flies love decomposing food, and they love manure. Your compost pile is a veritable smorgasbord for flies, and if it's too close to your house, it's like a neon light pointing to your kitchen. Yes, it's a little more inconvenient for you, but it's worth it to keep flies out of your home.
- Clean up pet waste. Flies often lay their eggs in feces. When your dog is out in your yard, it's going to defecate. It's important that you clean it up as soon as possible. Dispose of your pet's waste in tied-off plastic bags so flies can't get in or out.
- Secure your house. Take a walk outside your house, checking to ensure all your window and door screens are intact. Take note of any windows or doors that need to be caulked or repaired due to cracking or crumbling. Make sure your door sweeps are in place and fully sealing your doors.
- Check your soffits and eaves to ensure there aren't any cracks or crevices where flies can get inside. Use metal flashing to cover any holes you discover. Also, check your crawl space and foundation to ensure there's no way flies can get in through those areas, either.
Minimizing the presence of flies around your home and eliminating entry points can help you avoid issues with flies. However, if these pests are already in your home, it's important to take additional steps to get them out.
The Best Way To Keep The Flies Out Of Your Home
The best way to keep flies out of your Charlotte home is to work with a professional pest control company like Aruza Pest Control to create a barrier around your house to prevent the flies from coming near your home. If we're too late and flies do get in, our service managers also know how to get rid of flies in your house. Contact us today for your free quote and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Charlotte.