What To Do About Wasps Hanging Around My Charlotte Home
June 10, 2022
Understanding how to keep wasps away can be tricky based on the aggressive nature of this pest. The best way to get rid of wasps is to reach out to Charlotte pest control for their wasp removal service.
How To Tell If You Are Dealing With A Wasp Infestation
A wasp infestation may start around your Charlotte property without you noticing it until the fateful day you or a loved one accidentally passes too close to a wasp nest around your home and gets stung. To help you out identify a wasp infestation, check for the signs we list below around your yard:
- You may notice several wasps flying together in or around the same area in your yard. All different types of wasps do this near their nest to keep it protected from threats.
- There you find chewed wood around your property as certain types of wasps build their nests in these areas.
- You may see visible wasp nests appearing either under the eaves of your home, up in trees, close to the ground, or hidden foundation-level areas. The specific nest location depends on the type of wasp you are dealing with.
If you’re still not sure whether or not you’re dealing with a wasp infestation, you should reach out to our experts at Aruza Pest Control for more identification assistance.
Are The Wasps In Charlotte Dangerous?
Encountering wasps around your Charlotte home can be pretty dangerous. This is because wasps are an aggressive pests and won’t hesitate to sting when they feel that an outsider threatens their nest. And, because wasps can sting repeatedly and swarm on their victims, this can result in a victim contracting many stings at one time. In addition to being painful, these signs can result in allergic reactions (often with a chance of anaphylaxis) even in those individuals without preexisting insect sting allergies.
Some Helpful Wasp Prevention Tips
To keep wasps away from your home and stop them from establishing their nests in the first place, you can follow the below wasp prevention tips:
- Refrain from leaving food and drink out on decks and patios where wasps may be attracted to the aroma. This is especially important for sugary and protein-rich items.
- Keep all compost piles covered and ensure that trash cans have lids. This stops the scent from bringing wasps to your yard.
- Clear debris from your yards, such as fallen fruit, woodpiles, and leaf litter, and keep the grass trimmed low. Also, fill in any holes in your yard to stop wasps from nesting in them.
- Address moisture issues on your property as leaks and poor drainage can lead to excess pools of water that may attract wasps.
- Utilize wasp repellent plants such as citronella, sage, and rosemary in your yard and around decks or patios to deter wasps from stopping.
The Best Form Of Wasp Control
The best form of wasp control for your Charlotte property is one that engages in wasp removal both effectively and safely. Aruza Pest Control can offer you just that as our experts work to inspect your property for signs of wasps and identify your major wasp problem areas. Armed with specific information about your yard and home, the professionals will develop tailored wasp treatment plans that eradicate every trace of this pest on your property and keep your Charlotte home protected from this stinging menace.