How Dangerous Is It To Have Mice In My Charlotte Home?
Protect Your Charlotte Home from Mice Infestations: Tips and Professional Pest Control Services
There’s nothing so discouraging as rummaging around in your basement or attic only to stumble upon rodent droppings. You follow the trail they’ve left behind only to find they have chewed through all your boxes, the wires to the holiday lights, important papers you had stored away, and other important items that you thought you had put away safely.
A mouse's most distinguishing feature is their teeth — their upper and lower incisors do not have roots, and therefore, keep growing indefinitely. Much like a teething baby, mice handle this feeling by chewing on everything and anything they come across, including all of your personal items.
What Attracts Mice To My Charlotte Home
One of the main things that drives mice to seek shelter in people's homes is the weather. With cooler weather on the horizon, you can bet that mice will be looking to take up residence in any home they can get into, and they are likely to stay if your home has any of the following:
- Holes in the house: Mice are capable of squeezing through virtually any hole in your home, no matter how small. If there is a possible entryway into your home, they will wiggle their way through it and set up shop.
- Clutter: The clutter our boxes and personal items tend to make in our attics, basements, and spare rooms is, unfortunately, the perfect environment for mice. It provides them with material to chew on, as well as narrow, tight spaces where they can burrow and build nests.
- Food: Mice are always looking for a free meal. Your pantries and cupboards that have easily-accessible food in them will attract mice for sure. They will happily chew through virtually any boxes and packaging to get to these morsels, and pantries that are a cluttered mess make it even more appealing to live in.
Mouse Prevention Tips
There are some simple measures one can take to try to keep mice out of your house in the first place:
- Seal up holes. Mice will enter your house through even the tiniest of holes. Caulk them up to prevent them from even getting into your home in the first place.
- Clean up clutter. Organize your attic and basement, and pantries in such a way that makes it less appealing for mice. Put items in chew-proof containers and stack them apart from each other, removing any small spaces they might want to burrow and nest in.
- Store food in plastic bins. Consider storing your food in plastic bins or other materials that are chew-proof. Ensure loose food and crumbs are all cleaned up, and the bins are stored in a way that discourages adult mice from wanting to build a nest in or around.
- Fix any water leaks. Locate any potential water leaks or drips, as the presence of easily accessible water, will also attract mice to your home.
There are dozens of ways to keep mice out of your house. One of the easiest ways to do so is by contacting Aruza Pest Control here in Charlotte, NC. Let our expert technicians take care of all the possible ways mice could enter your home!
Why It Is Best To Contact Aruza Pest Control
If you already have a mouse infestation in your home, call Aruza Pest Control. With more than 20 years of combined experience in the pest control industry, we will dispatch one of our expert technicians to your home to work to exterminate the infestation safely and efficiently. One of the reasons it is best to contact the professionals at Aruza is because trying to get rid of mice on your own will not eliminate the entire issue; adult mice can breed year-round and typically produce five to ten litters a year, with roughly six to eight babies per litter. In just three months, a family of six mice can multiply into 60.
With the cooler weather, Aruza Pest Control knows how important it is to feel safe and sanitary in your home. Contact us today to learn more about our home pest control services, handle your mouse infestation, and get rid of mice in your home for good!