Spring Pest Prevention Guide For Charlotte Homeowners
Charlotte's Mild Winter Bolsters Pest Presence: Your Spring Pest Prevention Guide
As winters go, last winter was one of the calmest we have seen in long time here in Charlotte. What does this mean for pests? It means they won’t be gone for as long as they usually are. Even now in May, they are noticeably becoming more and more of a problem. To make sure your home stays pest-free throughout this year, we have a spring pest prevention guide just for you. Are you ready to learn a few simple ways you can deter pests from getting into your Charlotte home? Let’s jump right in.
The Best Place To Start With Pest Prevention
Spring cleaning is a tradition for many families here in Charlotte. If this is not already a part of your family’s yearly traditions, it really should be, not just because it feels good to know your home is clean, but also because it can be a great way to deter pests. If you don’t know where to start with your own spring cleaning, here are some steps we recommend.
- Start with dusting. Higher surfaces first to avoid having to clean one area twice.
- Next thoroughly wash furniture, appliances, and other items around your home.
- Follow this by picking up trash around your home.
- After this, focus on surfaces such as counter tops and tables. Make sure you get inside any cracks or crevices that might have built-up food deposits.
- Once you are done with this, clean cupboards, cabinets, and food-storage areas, making sure no remnants of food are left out for pests to find.
- Finally, thoroughly clean your floors. Do not neglect to get beneath furniture, larger appliances, and other items throughout your home.
One thing we highly recommend doing with your spring cleaning is storage organization. Many pests use clutter around the home as for places to hide. The more tidy things are, the fewer hiding places pests will be able to find.
Keep in mind that as your home gets dirty again pests will be more and more likely to invade. As much as you can keep your home clean, we encourage you to do so. The more diligent you are, the less likely you will be to have trouble with pests.
More Ways You Can Keep Pests Out Of Your Home
A spring cleaning is not the only way you can prevent pests from invading your home. Here are some other great ways you can deter pests from getting into your Charlotte home.
- Seal off potential entry points in your home’s foundation, along window and door frames, and around utility piping leading into your home, using a caulking gun.
- Install door sweeps under all exterior doors.
- Check weather stripping and make sure it is in good condition.
- Address leaks around your home and make sure your gutters are in good-working order.
- Repair or replace damaged window and door screens around your home.
- Use a dehumidifier to keep moisture down inside your home.
- Trim back tree branches from the exterior of your home.
- Store leftover foods inside airtight containers.
- Make sure all of your trashcans have tight-fitting lids.
- Pick up and clean out pet food and water bowls before going to bed at night.
How Professionals Can Help With Your Pest Problems
Preventing pests on your own can be a daunting task. Preventing pests with Aruza Pest Control, on the other hand, has never been easier. We make pest control easy for you. With plenty of options to choose from and a staff of highly trained pest professionals to make sure the job gets done right, you will never have to worry about pests causing trouble in your home ever again.
For more information about your options, or to schedule a visit for your Charlotte home, give us a call today.