Is It Dangerous To Have Flies In My Raleigh Home?
Controlling the Pesky Fly Population in Your Raleigh Home with Aruza Pest Contro
Here in the Carolinas, there are hundreds of flying creatures that call our backyards home – but none of them are quite as obnoxious nor as disgusting as these fat-bodied flyers. Flies are some of the most detestable household invaders in the Raleigh area. Thanks to our warm summers, humid afternoons, and mild winter seasons, flies of all shapes and sizes survive and thrive here.
Some of the most common flies in the Raleigh area include:
- Horse Flies
- Cluster Flies
- Bluebottle Flies
- House Flies
- Fruit Flies
- Drain Flies
- Flesh Flies
Although each species of fly is slightly different, there are some aspects of their physiology that remain the same across the genus.
- Flies range in size from less than a centimeter to over an inch in total length.
- All true flies possess a single pair of wings.
- Flies have compound eyes which make it possible for them to observe their surroundings in nearly 365 degrees.
One of the most disgusting things about flies is the fact that they can pick up and introduce different kinds of harmful germs and pathogens around the house. This is primarily due to the fly’s favorite nesting areas, which may include bathrooms, kitchens, drains, sewers, or other areas where unclean substances could be lurking. In addition, insects such as flesh flies or horse flies feed on raw meat or excrement and coat their bodies with bacteria such as e. Coli. By landing on counters, walls, and other surfaces, flies are capable of quickly smearing viruses and bacteria all over your once-clean home. Is it truly dangerous to entertain flies in your Raleigh home? The answer is a most resounding yes.
Fly Prevention Tips For Raleigh Homeowners
Flies are difficult pests to manage, especially once they have found their way into the home. Fortunately, Aruza Pest Control has compiled the following list of fly prevention tips for Raleigh homeowners.
- Flies are attracted to smelly garbage items, especially foods that have gone bad. Remove trash from the home at least once a week, and seal whatever you can in strong plastic bins outside the home until pickup.
- Some types of flies, such as drain flies, are attracted to pools of standing water. Eliminate these from the home by running a dehumidifier in problem areas, or by hiring a professional to repair any leaking pipes or clogged drains.
- Check your window or door screens for signs of damage. Using good exclusionary measures will help to prevent wandering flies from buzzing into your living room or kitchen.
If you need immediate care for your growing fly problem, reach out to the house fly prevention experts at Aruza Pest Control today for a helpful home estimate to send you in the right direction.
When It Comes To Fly Control, Aruza Pest Control Is Best
Maintaining a healthy fly population in your Raleigh lawn is probably not the most hygienic activity to undertake. With countless spreadable diseases, annoying buzzing sounds, and hundreds of thousands of potential eggs laid each year, this type of home invader should never be left to its own devices.
Fortunately, that's where we come in. Serving Raleigh and the surrounding counties for over two decades and counting, Aruza Pest Control is Raleigh's go-to fly eliminator for residential homes and more. For more helpful fly advice or assistance with eliminating their presence from your home for good, don’t hesitate to reach out to the friendly folks at Aruza Pest Control today. Our professional service agents are eagerly awaiting your phone call. Want more immediate help? Chat with us online using the text tool on our site! We’re passionate about helping you live your best bug-free life. Come see for yourself!